Hotel Laxnes · Haholt 7 · 270 Mosfellsbaer · Iceland · Tel: +354 566 8822 · Fax: +354 565 3366 · firstname.lastname@example.org
A place for families
Family Activities and attractions in our area for you and your children.
Activities for familes in hotel and local area
Our Hotel Laxnes Pub is children friendly which has a pool table and various board games for your family to enjoy.
Come and relax in our outside Hot tub with Mountain view .
Visit our 2 local heated swimming pools within a short walking distance.
Take an half and hours walk to our local seaside and beach and on route visit the horse stables.
Local Animal Farm Zoo open from 01 June - 01 September within a 5 minutes drive away .
Go horse riding with Laxnes horse farm which is close by .
We have an adventure walking park within minutes from our Hotel laxnes and a park with swings and a lovely river trail.
There is an indoor entertainment center within a 5 minute drive which has a Cinema ,Ice skating ring and bowling Alley, called Egilshöllin
Activities for familes in Reykjavik area
(From Visit Reykjavik)
Families will find plenty of interesting activities in Reykjavík. Whether it’s splashing around in a thermal pool, trying on Viking armour or viewing some of the largest mammals on Earth at close range, there’s fun to be had for all ages in the city.
Grown-ups will be happy to bring their families to Reykjavík, a safe and clean city with a compact centre that’s simple to navigate on foot and provides easy access to nature. Locals are also very open to youngsters; you’ll find a high chair in every café and see babies sleeping in their buggies outside on the sidewalk while their parents are inside.
Reykjavík has numerous cultural, leisure and sporting facilities many of which have sections and activities especially designed for kids!
Top family friendly events:
Children’s Culture Festival (April), First Day of Summer (April), Festival of the Sea (June), Independence Day (June 17), and Reykjavík Culture Night (August).
Top ten family activities:
- Splash & play - at one of 18 thermal pools in the Reykjavík Capital Area.
- Makes friends with the resident ducks, geese and swans - at Tjörnin Lake.
- Experience Viking times - at one of the capital area's many museums.
- Talk to the animals - at the Reykjavík Family Park & Zoo.
- Try delicious Icelandic food - hot dogs, soft ice cream, skyr and liquorice.
- Climb to the very top - of majestic Mount Esja.
- Go horse riding - through pastoral valleys and rocky lava fields.
- See whales - and puffins on a boat trip from the old harbour.
- Watch bubbling hot springs - and roaring waterfalls on a day trip from Reykjavík.
- Revel in a Reykjavík winter - be dazzled by the multi-coloured Christmas lights, visit the Hafnarfjörður Christmas Village, skate on Tjörnin Lake or start a snowball fight.
Whatever you do, don't do it without our fabulous money saving city card: The Reykjavík Welcome Card!